Thursday 17 May 2007

I perfer my reality black, 2 sugars...

It's amazing how I keep myself entertained without the internet at home. I was sat in the bath last night pondering what a 'photonic boom' would look like? Even if you could get a device to instantaneously accelerate from zero to three thousand million metres per second; taking into account relativity would mean following the device at any speed would me it's not travelling at the speed from the observer's point of view. I have deduced that it would look, rather dull actually. The device would probably just disappear; you might see some photon lensing around the edges if your lucky.

On a slightly saner note, I've finally got my phone line in now; but BT in their wise ways have decided not to install my broadband at the same time. The plan is to send the engineer home and then get another one back several days later! ingenious! It really baffles me.

Sometimes I think the universe of the 'Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy' is more realistic than the one I'm in. At least with a bit of temporal reverse engineering, I would not only be on the internet now; but would also of downloaded everything I ever wanted too.

Ahh the mind kind wander...

No comments: